Friday 30 December 2016

To time again


It’s been only days since I realized that I never loved you. Since for the first time I spoke to you and not about you. And look at us now: so happy in love. They say time heals. Seems like you did indeed. That was fast!

And right away, as soon as we’ve established this new intimacy, I have all my wishes rising up: can you take me to that night in the desert, to that storm, to… No, I am not going to ask for anything. I will give you a chance to surprise me.

I will trust that you love me too and will give me something good. And if I fail to see that good, I will take a second look. And if I can’t convince myself after all, I will try to act like a loving parent, whose little kid just made a big mess: I will sigh, and ask you not to do it again, and shrug, and clean it up, as kindly as I can. Maybe you could help me with the cleanup?

And if you seem too slow, I will not get angry, because you are giving me some of yourself. Isn’t that something to cherish? I will pause and thank you for the chance to look around and possibly notice something new.

And if you rush, I will go for a jog with you – I could use some exercise. Or maybe I will just let you carry me away, savor your embrace and enjoy the ride.

It feels so good right now that I want you to stop and stand still. Will we always be in such perfect harmony? They say time will tell. What will you tell me, my dear?