Saturday 20 February 2016

What is my real self?

My dear one and only me, what is my real self?

What do I look like when no one sees me? Happy, sad, cute, tired, insecure, wise?
How do I walk when no one is passing by? Fast or slow, with an easy or purposeful stride? Is my back straight, do my shoulders slouch, is my chin high?
What does my voice sound like when no one is hearing it? Is it shrill, whiny, deep, quiet?
What is the look in my eyes when no one is looking into them? Are they dull or sparkling, filled with tears or empty?
Would my jaw be clenched, would my breath be deep, would I smile? What would that smile be like?

What would my actions be with no one to act for?
What would I be saying when no one is listening?
What would I be feeling when there is no one to care about my feelings?
What would I be thinking when there is no one to share my thoughts with?
What would I be wanting when there is no one to grant me my wishes?
What is my essence?

What am I really like when you take the world away and it’s only me? How can I choose what I want to be in the world if I have no clue what I am without it?

Would I be so kind as to give me some of my precious time? Could I humbly ask for just a bit of my undivided attention? For this greatest pleasure and privilege of getting to know me, if only a little?